The Republic of Moldova is part to the following international conventions:
1. Convention on the Conservation of European Wildlife and Natural Habitats ( Bern , 1979), ratified by the Parliament on 23 June 1993 .
2. Convention on Environmental Impact Assessment in a Transboundary Context ( Espoo , 1991), ratified by the Parliament on 23 June 1993 .
3. Convention on Transboundary Effects of Industrial Accidents ( Helsinki , 1992), ratified by the Parliament on 23 June 1993 .
4. Convention on the Protection and Use of Transboundary Watercourses and International Lakes ( Helsinki , 1992), ratified by the Parliament on 23 June 1993 .
5. UN Convention on Biological Diversity (Rio de Janeiro, 1992), ratified by the Parliament on 16 March 1995 .
6. UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (Rio de Janeiro, 1992), ratified by the Parliament on 12 June 1995 .
7. Convention on Long-range Transboundary Air Pollution ( Geneva , 1979), ratified by the Parliament on 9 July 1995 .
8. Convention on the Protection of the Ozone Layer ( Vienna , 1995), Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete Ozone Layer (1979), ratified by the Parliament on 27 July 1996 .
9. Convention on the Control of Transboundary Movements of Hazardous Wastes and their Disposal ( Basel , 1989), ratified by the Parliament on 10 March 1998 .
10. UN Convention on Combating Desertification ( Paris , 1994), ratified by the Parliament on 24 December 1998 .
11. Convention on Cooperation for the Protection and Sustainable Use of the Danube River ( Sofia , 1994), ratified by the Parliament on 17 March 1999 .
12. Convention on the Access to Information, Public Participation in Decision Making and Access to Justice in Environmental Matters ( Aarhus , 1998), ratified by the Parliament on 7 April 1999 .
13. Convention on Wetlands of International Importance especially as Waterfowl Habitat (Ramsar, 1971), ratified by the Parliament on 14 July 1999 .
14. Convention on Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Fauna (Bonn, 1979), Agreement on Conservation of bats in Europe and Agreement on Conservation of African–Euro-Asian Migratory Water Birds, ratified by the Parliament on 28 September 2000.
15. Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) Washington , 1973, adhered to on 28 September 2000 .
16. Convention on European Landscape ( Florence , 2000), ratified on 12 October 2000 .
17. Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants ( Stockholm , 2001), ratified on 19 February 2004 .
18. Convention in Engleza tia de la Roterdam privind procedura de consimtamânt prealabil în cunostinta de cauza aplicabila anumitor produsi chimici periculosi si pesticidelor, care fac obiectul comertului intern, adoptata la Roterdam Olanda la 12 septembrie 1998. Republica Moldova a aderat prin legea Nr. 389-15 din 5 11 2004.